CONCORD, NC — June 18, 2018 — World Racing Group has announced penalties in a DIRTcar Racing event. Per the Series rulebooks and the integrity of the sport, such infractions shall be announced.
DIRTcar Racing Late Model Penalty:
Bobby Pierce, driver of the No. 32p DIRTcar Racing Late Model has violated Section 11.0, 11.1-X, Y; 15.11-G of the 2018 DIRTcar Racing General Rules and Specifications.
Event: Dirt Late Model Dream – Eldora Speedway, Rossburg, Ohio
Date: June 7 -8- 9 2018
The Member has requested an Appeal of the Penalty as outlined in Section 12 of the General Rules and Specifications. The Member also requested a deferral of the penalty.
The deferral has been granted by the Appeals Board Chair. The Appeal will be heard within 7 days.
Event and explanation:
Tire samples were taken June 7, June 8 and June 9, 2018 from participant finishers of the events of the Dirt Late Model Dream Weekend at Eldora Speedway, Rossburg, Ohio.
A total of 46 tires were sampled using the accepted practice of DIRTcar Racing and Eldora Speedway with team-provided grooving iron and sample cuts. Samples were logged, bagged and sealed with representing crew member signatures.
Specimen cuttings were sent to an independent laboratory for testing for chemically-altering substances in the tires in a comparative analysis.
The test revealed the tire had been altered and did not match or conform to the benchmarks provided by Hoosier Tire Company.
11.0 Penalties, Fine Schedules and Protests
- Penalties and Fine Schedules
X.) Any member that attempts and/or is found to be using tires that are found to be illegal in any manner will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed appropriate by World Racing Group Supervisory Officials.
- The minimum penalty for any tire that doesn’t meet the benchmark will be as follows:
- Disqualification from the event
- A fine up to 1,000 championship and track points
- Return of all earned purse and/or reward money from the event
- A fine up to equal the purse money rewarded for the event with a minimum fine of $2000
- A minimum suspension of 1-month (minimum or 4 races) up to six (6) months in duration.
G.) Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted. Chemicals or tire softening is not permitted at any time. Tires may be inspected at any time. Any violation with any tire presented for competition may result in immediate disqualification from the events and/or other penalties including but not limited to; loss of money, fine, loss of points and/or suspension.
Penalty / Fine:
- Disqualification from the event, including loss of all purse money and championship points earned in the event(s). (Purse money total $13,640)
- $1,690 tire analysis fees.
- A fine of $13,640.
Total including loss of money, fine and tire analysis of $28,970
Purse monies are held, please remit $15,330
- A loss of 1,000 championship points for the 2018 season.
- A suspension from all sanctioned DIRTcar Late Model events, including World of Outlaws Craftsman Late Models Series, for thirty (30) consecutive days (June 10 through July 10, 2018) or a total of four DIRTcar Sanctioned events where scheduled to race.
- Placed on probation following the conclusion of the suspension for the remainder of the 2018 racing season (technical in nature).
- Any subsequent violations may result in a higher fine schedule and/or additional loss of points and/or suspension (including indefinite) and/or parking of the team.
As provided in Section 12 – World Racing Group Commission, of the 2018 General Rules and Specifications, DIRTcar members in good standing have the right to appeal the decision to the WRG Appeals Commission.