Weedsport, NY — 2010 COMPETITOR NOTES AUTODROME GRANBY – REV STAR ABF NATIONAL 150
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Race #4 – September 10th, 2010
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts:
Gary Spaid (Timing, Scoring, Points, Handicapping) 585-734-5959 firstname.lastname@example.org
Bob Dini (Director, Technical Inspections) 917-939-5417 email@example.com
Tom Skibinski (Director, Media Relations) 585-350-8997 firstname.lastname@example.org
John Nelson (Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Director) 716-907-1905 email@example.com
Joe Skotnicki (Series Director, Race Director) 704-796-4566 firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominic Lussier 450-375-3055 email@example.com
Jean Francois Tessier 450-375-3055 firstname.lastname@example.org
Duties for Autodrome Granby:
Gary Spaid – Timing and Scoring, Points, All draws
Bob Dini – Chief Technical Inspector
Scott Fremouw – Technical Inspector / Trailer
Tom Skibinski – Public Relations, Statistics and Victory Lane Assistance
John Nelson – Series Direction, Race Director
Joe Skotnicki – Series / Sanctions
Friday, September 10th, 2010 – Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series – REV Star abf National 150
General Daily Schedule:
3:30pm – Pit Gates Open, Hauler Parking, Inspection Begins (Draw Begins)
6:00pm – Driver’s Meeting @ Autodrome Granby (Inspection Area)
6:30pm – Hot Laps
7:00pm – Time Trials
7:30pm – Qualifying Races
TBD – Hamel Propane Race Mania 6 Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series 160
Event Specific Rules:
Tires; The “Hoosier” D200, D300 or D400; D500 will NOT be permitted.
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Fuel; Only VP D-109, D-110, D-12 will be permitted. Fuel will be available at the track and to be purchased.
*Note: 2010 Super DIRTcar / DIRTcar Rule Book – http://126.96.36.199/~/media/PDFs/062210_DC_NE_Rulebook.ashx
150-Lap Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Event:
30 Car Field Maximum. (4 Provisional positions available to the Top-12 in current season (2010) championship point standings.)
Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
2 (or more) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) – Number of Transfers will be posted at the Series Trailer.
Top 12 Driver’s from qualifying will redraw for starting position in the feature.
The race will be on the 100-point schedule.
*** Payoff will be after the conclusion of the event, location to be specified.
Event Specific Rules:
– All starts are side-by-side until the green flag is displayed. The front row must maintain the pace established by the pace car and will be signaled to do so, on the one-way radio, if in the judgment of the Super DIRTcar Big Block Modified Series Officials, the pace is not maintained a penalty and/or penalties may be issued.
– All restarts will take place in the area of the ‘VP Racing Fuels Power Point’ (indicated by the placement of the VP Fuel).
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts.
– All restarts up to lap 125 will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front – lapped cars will drop to the inside under caution and rejoin the field beginning after the last car on the lead lap in their order of running on the race track at the time of the caution.
– If the caution is displayed and you must pit, you will not lose a lap in the pits. You may only lose a lap on the race track under green flag conditions.
– After the completion of lap 125, all remaining restarts will be single final until the completion of the event.
– All races will end with a green-white-checker finish
– Cautions will count from lap 1-to-125. From lap 126 to the completion of the event, cautions will not count.
– There will be a 10-minute break near the halfway break. The caution will be displayed and the break will be announced over the one-way radio. Teams will be able to change tires and make any normal pitstop adjustments during the break. The horn will be sounded once to signify the beginning of the break; twice to signify the break is half complete and once again to signify that all cars must be online and ready to compete at the completion of the break.
– One-way radios are mandatory – two-way radios will not be permitted.
– When the caution is displayed, please get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– If at any time the red flag is displayed and competitors are signaled to stop due to a red flag condition, cars must come to a complete stop. After the field is stopped and is under control of the pace car, Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Officials, will instruct any vehicle not involved in the red flag incident that needs to pit for service, to pull up to the pace car prior to being released to the pit area on the one-way radio. Any car that pits during the red flag period will be required to restart at the tail of the field in their respective position. If any car heads to the pits without following the instructing over the one-way radio, a 1-lap penalty may be issued.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
Be prepared for inspection at Autodrome Granby when Technical Inspection begins at 3:30pm on Friday, September 10th, 2010 – (Bob Dini and Scott Fremouw):
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the designated inspection area at the Series Trailer / Technical Truck following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualified 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) Qualified 22.) Qualified
23.) Qualified 24.) Qualified
25.) B-Main Car 1 26.) B-Main Car 2
27.) B-Main Car 3 28.) B-Main Car 4
29.) B-Main Car 5 30.) B-Main Car 6
31.) B-Main Car 7 32.) B-Main Car 8
33.) Provisional 1 (Contract) 34.) Provisional 2 (Contract)
35.) Provisional 2 (Contract) 36.) Provisional 3 (Contract)
Mr. DIRTcar 358 Modified Series Purse: