Rossburg, OH — October 9, 2009 — Soaking rain showers that have covered the Midwest on Thursday into Friday have forced the postponement of what was to be Night 1 of the Pak-A-Sak UMP DIRTcar Nationals at Eldora Speedway.
The Pak-A-Sak UMP DIRTcar Nationals will resume Saturday to complete the entire scheduled program. The tentative schedule has been posted:
- 8:00 a.m. Pit pass sales begin
- 8:30 a.m. Pits open, general admission sales begin and gates open
- 9:00 a.m. Tech begins
- 12:45 p.m. Driver meeting
- 1:15 p.m. Practice begins & program continues until done
- 6:00 p.m. Consolation Races followed by features
For the official release from Eldora Speedway CLICK HERE.
Eldora Speedway will also hold a “Patio Party” tonight for fans in attendance from 6:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. Friday night.
The weekend will serve as a coronation ceremony of UMP DIRTcar Racing Late Model and UMP Modified National Points champions. Two first time champions in Jason Feger (Super Late Model) of Bloomington, Ill., and Gary Cook Jr. (UMP Modified) of Deer Creek, Ill., will claim national point crowns during this weekend’s racing program.