Competitor: Will Krup
Series: DIRTcar UMP Modified
Event: American Modified Series/ Cedar Ridge Speedway, Morgantown, Ky.
Date:July 21 2018
Event and explanation:
Tire samples were taken July 27th and 28th 2018 from participant finishers of the event at Cedar Ridge Speedway, Morgantown, Ky
A total of 3 tires were sampled using the accepted practice of DIRTcar Racing and American Modified Series utilizing the team provided grooving iron and sample cuts taken by crew members. Samples were bagged and sealed with the signature of the represented crew member.
Specimen cuttings were sent to an independent laboratory for testing for chemically altering substances in the tires in a comparative analysis.
The test revealed the tire had been altered and did not match or conform to the benchmarks provided by Hoosier Tire Company.
11.0 Penalties, Fine Schedules and Protests
- Penalties and Fine Schedules
X.) Any member that attempts and/or is found to be using tires that are found to be illegal in any manner will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed appropriate by DIRTcar Supervisory Officials.
- The minimum penalty for any tire that doesn’t meet the benchmark will be as follows:
- Disqualification from the event
- A fine up to 1,000 championship and track points
- Return of all earned purse and/or reward money from the event
- A fine up to equal the purse money rewarded for the event with a minimum fine of $2000
- A minimum suspension of 1-month (minimum or 4 races) up to six (6) months in duration.
G.) Chemical alterations, vulcanizing, tire softening, defacing and/or altering the face of the tire lettering and/or tire stamping will not be permitted. Chemicals or tire softening is not permitted at any time. Tires may be inspected at any time. Any violation with any tire presented for competition may result in immediate disqualification from the events and/or other penalties including but not limited to; loss of money, fine, loss of points and/or suspension.
Penalty / Fine:
- Disqualification from the event, including loss of all purse money and championship points earned in the event(s). (Purse money total $3000.00)
- A fine of $2000.00
Total including loss of money, fine and tire analysis of $5000.00
Purse monies are held, please remit $2000.00
- A loss of 1,000 championship points for the 2018 season.
- A suspension from all sanctioned DIRTcar UMP Modified events for thirty (30) consecutive days or a total of four DIRTcar Sanctioned events where scheduled to race.
- Placed on probation following the conclusion of the suspension for the remainder of the 2018 racing season (technical in nature).
- Any subsequent violations may result in a higher fine schedule and/or additional loss of points and/or suspension (including indefinite) and/or parking of the team.
As provided in Section 12 – DIRTcar Racing Commission, of the 2018 General Rules and Specifications, DIRTcar members in good standing have the right to appeal the decision to the Appeals Commission.