Weedsport, NY — 2010 Competitor Notes Can Am Motorsport Park
Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Event #1
DIRTcar, Track Staffing and Contacts:
Brian Mulligan 613-330-1565 firstname.lastname@example.org
Tom Skibinski 585-350-8997 email@example.com
Bob Dini 917-939-5417 firstname.lastname@example.org
Joe Skotnicki 704-796-4566 email@example.com
Can Am Motorsports Park:
Chip Burdick 315-778-3407 firstname.lastname@example.org
Sunday, April 18th – Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series – 30-laps
General Daily Schedule:
10:00 am – Pit Gates Open, Transporter Parking, Teams Enter
10:30 am – Inspection Begins (Draw Begins)
12:00 pm (noon) – Driver’s Meeting
1:00pm – Hot Laps
1:15pm – First Race
Event Specific Rules:
GROUP TIME TRIALS WILL BE USED FOR THIS EVENT.
15.1.6 Ignition/Battery (For either the Crate – Option –A- and/or Open Motor Option –B-)
A.) Only stock OEM distributors will be permitted. The rev. box must be mounted under the hood. The “rev box” RPM limiting chip (6,000 RPM) must face up and be securely fasted (taped in) in the “rev box”.
E.) Only the DIRTcar approved –A-B-C type shock absorbers displaying the DIRTcar “Approved” decal will be permitted to compete. (DECALS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE CAN-AM EVENT).
F.) Approved Shock Absorbers: All shock absorbers for the DIRTcar Sportsman Modifieds, DIRTcar Pro Stock, DIRTcar Pro Late Model, DIRTcar UMP Sportsman and DIRTcar UMP Stock Car division must be approved and display an approved designation decal beginning in the 2010 season. There will be three types of approved designations, ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’.
Approved ‘A’-type Shock Absorbers: Pro Shocks – WB and SS Series
DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Bilstein – AK and SG/SM Series
DIRTcar Pro Stock AFCO – 1020-1034 Series
DIRTcar Pro Late Model AFCO – 1273-1295 Series
DIRTcar UMP Sportsman AFCO – 1473-1497 Series
DIRTcar UMP Stock Car
Approved ‘B’-type Shock Absorbers: Pro Shocks – TA Series
DIRTcar Sportsman Modified Bilstein – SL/SZ Series
DIRTcar Pro Late Model AFCO – 1000 Series
DIRTcar Pro Stock
B.) Only Hoosier Racing Tires will be permitted in any DIRTcar sanctioned events. Hoosier (the tire manufacturer) will mark/stamp/brand all legal tires with specified compound and/or other specific DIRTcar designations as listed below;
Front or Rear Tires;
1.) “DIRT Soft” 2.) “DIRT Hard”
1.) “M45” 2.) “D50” 3.) “D60”
Tire Size and Compound Designation:
1.) LR 11/87-15 M45, D50
2.) RR 11/90-15 M45, D60
Fuel; Only VP D-98 will be permitted. Fuel will be available at the track and to be purchased.
30-Lap Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Event:
30 Car Field Maximum. (4 Provisional positions available to the 2009 Top-12 in season ending championship points.) After the completion of the first event, the provisional positions will be based on the current year’s championship point standings.
Number of Qualifying Races will be based on the total number cars competing in the event. (8-lap qualifying races)
2 (or more) ‘B’-Features (10-laps) – Number of Transfers will be posted at the trailer.
Top 12 Driver’s from qualifying will redraw for starting position in the feature.
The race will be on the 100-point schedule.
*** Payoff will be after the conclusion of the event, location to be specified.
Event Specific Rules:
– All starts are side-by-side until the green flag is displayed
– All restarts in all races (qualifying, B-Main’s and or the Feature) will be double-file with lead lap cars to the front and take place near the exit of turn four as specified in the driver’s meeting. Single file restarts may be instituted at any time during any race at the discretion of the Series Director.
– The leader is the control car on all starts and/or restarts
– Caution laps will not count.
– All races will end with a green-white-checker finish
– One-way radios are mandatory.
– When the caution is displayed, please get into single-file order, you will be signaled over the one-way radio when it is time to go double-file and/or restart single file.
– It is mandatory to have the following decals on the car (DIRTcar, Super DIRTcar Series, VP Racing Fuels and Hoosier) and the driver must have a VP patch on his uniform.
– To be eligible for other available contingencies you must run the decals. Included is a guided map for two available options to place decals on your vehicle.
– Immediately following the conclusion of the event, the first place car needs to go to the scale first, then we need second and third to the scales and to victory lane.
Be prepared for inspection at Can Am Motorsport Park when Technical Inspection begins at 12:30 pm on Saturday, April 17th – (Bob Dini and Scott Fremouw):
Safety and General Inspection
General Body Inspection
Pre-Race Engine Inspection
Fuel Samples from Fuel Cell
Post Race Weights:
Pro Stock GM 602 Crate = 3,000 lbs
Pro Stock ‘Open Motor’ = 3,300 lbs
*** Note: There will be post-race inspection in the infield at the Series Trailer / Technical Truck following the completion of Victory Lane Ceremonies.
1.) Qualified 2.) Qualified
3.) Qualified 4.) Qualified
5.) Qualified 6.) Qualified
7.) Qualified 8.) Qualified
9.) Qualified 10.) Qualified
11.) Qualified 12.) Qualified
13.) Qualified 14.) Qualified
15.) Qualied 16.) Qualified
17.) Qualified 18.) Qualified
19.) Qualified 20.) Qualified
21.) Qualified 22.) Qualified
23.) B-Main Car 1 24.) B-Main Car 2
24.) B-Main Car 3 25.) B-Main Car 4
25.) B-Main Car 5 26.) B-Main Car 6
27.) Provisional 1 28.) Provisional 2
29.) Provisional 3 30.) Provisional 4
Mr. DIRTcar Pro Stock Series Purse: