CONCORD, N.C. — Sept 7, 2017 — World Racing Group has announced penalties in DIRTcar Racing. Per the rulebooks and the integrity of the sport, such infractions shall be announced. Members in good standing have the right to appeal the decision to the World Racing Group Appeals Commission as provided in Section 12 of the General Rules and Specifications.
Chuck Towslee, a driver in the DIRTcar Northeast Pro Stock has violated Section 15.0-C; 15.1 B,C,D; 11.0-A; 11.1 A&I of the 2017 DIRTcar Racing Rule Book.
15.0-C DIRTcar Sportsman Modified
ANY CAR, TEAM AND/OR DRIVER THAT DOES NOT MEET THESE SPECIFICATIONS AND/OR EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO PENALTIES AS DETERMINED BY THE DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group OFFICIALS.
B.) The engine and all components must remain in their original configuration and form as purchased and/or delivered from the factory. Any alterations to the engine will not be permitted. The Engine must remain as manufactured by General Motors with a stock 4”-inch bore. Overbore(s) will not be permitted. Sleeve repair may be permitted with written permission from DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group Officials.
C.) All engines are to remain sealed from the factory. The original factory seals must remain unaltered, Tampering, removal, modifications of any type and/or broken factory seals will not be permitted. The GM Engine must remain unaltered in any way.
D.) The GM Crate Engine seals (bolt-type) must remain unaltered. DIRTcar and/or World Racing Group Officials may require specific sealing and verification of all seals on any GM Crate Engine. Tampering with and/or alteration of any seals will not be permitted and is subject to immediate penalty and/or suspension.
11.0 Penalties, Fine Schedules and Protests
A. The Super DIRTcar Series and/or DIRTcar conducts itself as the top Modified Racing Series in North America and expects its members to conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times during any event and/or when representing the series. Car Owners, Drivers and Crew Chiefs are responsible for the conduct of their team members and/or anyone connected to or affiliated with that owner’s team, in addition to being responsible for all infractions, technical and/or non-technical in nature. In the event that a penalty is issued, only active DIRTcar Members in good standing, have the right to an appeal, if the penalty is appealable. All fines that are listed in sub-section 11.1 are
11.1 Penalties and Fine Schedules
A. All fines may be collected from prize money on the day of the infraction. If the competitor has not won appropriate money, the fine must be paid in full before the car and/or driver participates in another Super DIRTcar Series and/or DIRTcar sanctioned event.
I. Any member that violates any technical rule as presented within the rulebook and/or issued in a written bulletin will be subject to disqualification and/or fine and/or suspension and/or loss of points and/or any other action deemed appropriate by Super DIRTcar Series and/or DIRTcar Officials and/or World Racing Group Supervisory Officials..
a.) The penalty schedule for any violations “technical in nature will be as follows;
1. In the event of any illegal internal modification to any Chevrolet Performance Parts Crate Engine and/or DIRTcar Spec Engine and/or tampering of any manufacturer and/or DIRTcar seal a maximum of a 1-year suspension and/or indefinite probation period and/or the engine will be impounded immediately and/or a minimum penalty of $3,500 and/or loss of all earnings based on the current race season, including but not limited to points, point fund awards and/or or race winnings. In the event the driver is suspended from a division utilizing the GM crate engine and/or DIRTcar spec engine, the driver maybe offered the opportunity to move up in division to continue participation after serving a suspension deemed appropriate by Super DIRTcar and or DIRTcar officials. The offer will only come from a World Racing Group supervisory official. This decision is final and non-appealable.
2. For subsequent violations in regard to any illegal internal modification to any Chevrolet Performance Parts Crate Engine and/or DIRTcar Spec Engine an indefinite suspension will be issued.
As a result, Towslee has been suspended one year from all DIRTcar tracks and/or events effective 8/19/2017 Competitor may apply for re instatement 8/19/2018, loss of points and Earnings from 8/19/2017 event and fined $3,500.00 or loss of motor to be paid before reinstatement to DIRTcar.
Towslee’s appeal was heard on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, the World Racing Group Appeal Commission has determined to modify the original penalty that was issued to you regarding the violation of the DIRTcar Racing Event Procedures as follows:
Penalty / Fine:
• Suspended from all DIRTcar tracks and/or events effective 8/19/2017
• May return to competition after 6/30/2018
• Loss of points and Earnings from 8/19/2017 event.
• $3,500.00 fine or loss of motor to be paid before reinstatement to DIRTcar.