What is iRacing?
The world’s premier motorsport racing simulation, iRacing puts you in the driver’s seat by allowing members to experience today’s newest form of competitive motorsport: virtual racing. iRacing is a fun, inexpensive and highly-competitive way for race fans and gamers to break a sweat by braking hard at the apex, while overcoming head-to-head racing challenges usually reserved for professional racers.
ANYONE CAN RACE
Most current-generation PCs will perform effectively on iRacing.com. In the event that a member owns an older computer, an upgraded graphics card could potentially be all that is required to enable the iRacing online driving simulator to operate successfully. Mac users can run iRacing using Windows on Bootcamp.
However, the member will require a controller to enjoy the full range of experiences afforded by iRacing’s racing simulator. Currently, there are several options available, accommodating nearly any budget. A host of steering wheel/pedal combos, gamepads, joysticks, mouse-based control systems, and any version of the Microsoft Windows operating system, supporting touch screen driving are compatible with iRacing.com.
For the most intense online racing experience, however, iRacing suggests a force-feedback steering wheel/pedal control system, when compared with other types of controllers.
iRacing also supports many Virtual Reality headsets including popular models from Oculus and HTC.
- Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Windows 10 64-Bit
- 64-bit Windows
- 4 core CPU or better – Some examples (but not limited to): AMD FX-6300, Intel Core i5-4430, Intel Core i5-2320, AMD Ryzen 3 1200
- 8 GB of RAM
- A gaming graphics card with at least 2GB of DEDICATED memory – Some examples (but not limited to): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550 or better
- 10 GB of free disk space (40 GB for all cars and tracks)
- Microphone optional, required for voice chat
**Note that in order to get the full dirt visual experience on iRacing you will need a computer that is capable of running graphics shaders at medium to high settings.
- iRacing can be run with Apple’s Boot Camp utility. For more information on installing Windows on an Apple Computer, please see your MAC user guide or this site.